THINGS WHICH MUST BE DISSEMINATED

Pulse Media

12.7.05

War on teror

4. I urge you not to deny your fear.

Methinks they doth protest too much, as the saying goes.

Fear struck our capital and my heart on Thursday, but I no longer seek to deny it. Tempting as it may be, such a denial would be a mistake.

It would be an even bigger mistake to extend this denial into a 'bring it on' message, as some have done.

I fear for my well-being and for the well-being of those around me.

I fear the hatred these attacks breed.

I fear greatly for the future of our democracy, and the welfare of people all over the world as the unspoken message continues that you can torture innocents, murder civilians, bleed countries dry, subject other human beings to slavery and behave any damn way you please as long as the majority of the population either doesn't notice or tolerates the hell out of it.

I must acknowledge these fears and I must act on them.

And the only sane action is to call the wrong-doers to account.

All of them.

link