THINGS WHICH MUST BE DISSEMINATED

Pulse Media

7.4.06

Coppers eye view

I saw the news recently highlighting the use of a new piece of equipment for the police - a 'head camera' which an officer wears on his head, which will then record images and sounds from his perspective.

I don't like the idea of them being permanently on, without being able to switch them off, otherwise for an entire 10 hour shift no one will talk to me, leaving me alone to wander about in silence!

The matter of individuals having their every move potentially watched (is that a comprehensible phrase?)seems no longer to be an issue. The issue now, is if it is practical for our friendly coppers or not.
Perhaps this is a reminder, that there are still areas where we can/need to react before yet another piece of our freedom is confiscated from us. I'm thinking, for example of ID cards.